Vantage Private Finance will use a credit reference agency to search my/our credit files in furtherance of our application.
Please read carefully below how we will use your information
- To service this application for a mortgage/loan and you consent that we may obtain, use and process personal data on you and the individuals named in this form [and transfer such data to potential lenders]
- It is important that you provide accurate and updated information as search records relating to you and the individuals named on this form at credit reference agencies (“your records”).
- They will add details of our search and your application to your records and this will be seen by other organisations that make searches.
- We may also check at fraud prevention agencies to prevent or detect fraud.
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. You may notify us at any time if you believe that the information we hold is inaccurate and apply to have such information corrected.
- We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Consent to Credit Search
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Please telephone us on 01753 883195 if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies. You have a legal right to these details.
- We and other organisations may access and use, from other countries, the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
- If you have made a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them.
- Credit reference agencies also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the credit reference agencies to break that link.
- You agree to the provisions contained in this section of this form and, where appropriate, confirm that you have the requisite authority to do so.
- You and the individuals named on this form have a right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you by sending a written request along with a cheque for £10 made payable to us, to the following address: Vantage Private Finance, Oak House, Oak End Way, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 8BR
- You will provide us with any updated financial information which we may reasonably and properly request.
Vantage Private Finance T/A Vantage Finance Ltd
The Data Protection Act 1998 regulates how firms use personal data of individuals. This notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you in relation to your application for credit; please read carefully.
Vantage Private Finance is a trading name Vantage Finance Ltd and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Our permission number is 446234. Our principal place of business is Oak House, Oak End Way, Gerrards Cross, Bucks, SL9 8BR. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulates financial services in the UK and you can check our authorisation and permitted activities on the Financial Services Register by visiting
www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office, registration number Z8792297 and we comply fully with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). The DPA applies to anyone holding information about living individuals and aims to promote high standards in the handling of personal information to protect the individual's right to privacy.
How will we use your information?
All information you provide to us will be held securely and confidentially in line with the Data Protection Act. Your information will be used for the purpose of sourcing a credit application on your behalf. We may share your information with and obtain information about you from credit reference agencies and/or fraud prevention agencies. We will pass your information on to a lender or lenders for the purpose of obtaining credit and we will tell you which lender or lenders this will be. We will hold your details for up to 6 years. In the event that credit is not taken up, your details will be held for no longer than 6 months.
We will not disclose your personal details to anyone else, However there are certain exceptions. These are where:
– There is a legal compulsion to do so;
– There is a duty to the public to disclose;
– Disclosure is made at your request or with your consent.
If, during the application process, you no longer wish your personal data to be processed by us or the lender, please contact us using the details below. Please be aware that should you wish to cancel your consent for processing your personal data, we would no longer be able to process your application for credit.
Credit references and identity verification
During the course of assessing your enquiry, we may carry out searches using a credit reference agency and a search registered. In doing so, the information provided will include current and previous names, addresses and dates of birth for all parties, so on a joint enquiry please ensure all parties give their agreement. The credit reference agency will provide credit information to us and may also provide information from the Electoral Register used to verify your identity. This information will be shared with lenders. Lenders use the information provided by credit reference agencies to make credit lending decisions about applicants and to verify their identity for the prevention of fraud or money laundering.
If you proceed to a full application for credit, a ‘credit application’ search will be registered at the credit reference agency. Records of ‘credit application’ searches (but not the names of the organisations that carried them out) may be seen by other organisations when you apply for credit in the future. Large numbers of ‘credit application’ searches within a short period may impact on your ability to obtain credit.
Access to your information
Under the Data Protection Act you have a right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some of all of your personal information, please write to us at:
Vantage Private Finance, Oak House,
Oak End Way, Gerrards Cross,
Buckinghamshire, SL9 8BR
We may make a small charge for this service.
If you would like to make a complaint
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us.
The Complaint’s Officer,
Vantage Private Finance, Oak House,
Oak End Way, Gerrards Cross,
Buckinghamshire SL9 8BR.
By phone: 01753 883195
If you cannot settle your complaint with us you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office. Their details are:
Phone: 0303 123 1113